Wednesday, 17 August 2011

Yarn Along 8

It's Wednesday, so I'm joining Ginny in her Yarn Along again! I'm always looking forward to this little event =) (Please click on the photo to make it larger!)
I'm of course still knitting on the Surya shawl - together with Linda for our own little KAL. The pattern is written very good so far and I even learned a new technique: The Central Double Increase. The pattern provides a tutorial with photos for that technique and also a link to a how-to video. I didn't need to watch the video, though, as the pictures are excellent and show the technique very clearly.
I'm also still knitting on my Mermaidia socks, but I'm about to turn the heel on the second sock so it won't be long before I can wear them!
And because I am on a major casting-on-high at the moment I can show you even another project, the second square for my very own sockyarn blanket. This project already is immensely pleasing, you can read about it here - if you like =)

I started the third book of the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, "Voyager". The German title is "Ferne Ufer - Distant Shores". For once I like the German title better, I immediately have to think of Star Trek when I hear "voyager"... I haven't read that much yet, but I think I already like it better than "Dragonfly in Amber" - I didn't like the whole France part there so much.

I have started another project but there isn't much to see, yet. And I have even more projects in mind, waiting to be cast on. I won't go into detail just yet but let me tell you this much: there will be beads! Pretty ones! Beads and yarn, oh my...

4 comments:

  1. Knitting with beads!? Exciting! I have seen pieces at the local yarn spot, but I have never seen someone do it. Oh I am excited about your projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shawl and sock are great! You are making me want to knit my own shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the beaded project! Beads and yarn are probably my two most favorite crafting items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The knitting projects look fantastic! I love casting on new stuff. I bought beads and have not decided what to make yet.

    ReplyDelete