Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Yarn Along 7


Today I'm joining Ginny from Small Things in another Yarn Along, unfortunately I missed it last week. I've recently started another shawl for my first KAL, which I am doing with my very lovely penpal Linda from Norway. The pattern is "Surya" and I'm so excited about the so called sunspots in this pattern, they're fun to knit and look so different from all the leafy motives that are used in many shawl patterns. While I like leafy patterns very much this makes a nice change. For more information on this shawl and the KAL, kindly read this and this post. In the second post you will also find a much better picture of the colour of the yarn and see the pattern more clearly. The colour is not navy, it's a dark shade of teal. But I like how bobbly the sunspots look in this picture =)

I have only very little left to read of "Dragonfly in Amber" and am eager to start the third book of the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. I've mentioned here before that I never read just one book and so I pulled a book from the shelf which I read around 2004. It's "Faerie Tale" by Raymond Feist, the German title is "Elfenhügel" which means "Faerie Hill" or "Hill of Elves" in English =) The book is really intense at times, a gripping read in my opinion and oh so scary sometimes. I remember one particular scene that wouldn't let me sleep well for weeks and left me lying in bed with my eyes open, staring into the darkness of my bedroom, afraid I might just see what I've been reading about... Why read the book again, if it terrified me that much, you might ask. Well it's not scary all the time, it provides a lot of information on faerie lore and of course there's this kick that comes with scary stories. Another reason for reading this book again is: I'm an idiot. Which might be just the thing that my fiancé will say to me when I'll be waking him up at night by turning on as many lamps as possible.

12 comments:

  1. I love those sun spots in the shawl. Wow! Is it a complicated knit? I'm looking for a pattern for a shawl and have many I'm interested in, but this one definitely tops the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shawl is looking very pretty. The colour in photo's is always an issue, but what we really want to see is the detail in the pattern.
    Looks like a fun knit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, das wird ein tolles Tuch! Ich bin auch gerade auf der Suche nach einem Muster fuer ein Tuch und deines gefaellt mir sehr gut.
    Liebe Gruesse aus dem heissen Alabama,
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good. I bookmarked the pattern on Ravelry. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that shawl pattern! It is my ambition to knit a shawl, one day when I feel very, very patient! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like a good scary book or movie but I have to be sure I will not be alone at night for a while afterward!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice shawl, and rather fairy - style, I'd say :) I told to myself, I'll knit something triangular for a change (I've never knit anything like that), hen I get tired of knitting all the stuff in pairs, like socks, gloves and mittens...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your shawl is beautiful! Thank you for the recommendation for the Outlander Series, I had never heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this shawl looks lovely, and way more intricate than mine! lol. great job.

    ;)
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the shawl pattern! It looks like a fun pattern to knit and look how much you have done already!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shawl is looking great! I am intrigued by the pattern and think I just might need to check out this KAL. Photographing yarn can be so frustrating! The camera never picks up the color right.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your shawl is lovely! It must be a terrific amount of counting. I love the look of lace knitting but it drives me crazy - I don't pay close enough attention, make errors and then have to tear back. Ugh.
    I can't wait to see the finished work!

    ReplyDelete