Monday, 8 August 2011

Shawl KAL "Surya" 2

Here is a first peek at my version of the Surya shawl that I'm knitting together with my friend Linda. So far I knitted two and a half repeats of the shawl body. It doesn't look like much yet and lace is always hard to photograph because it's so scrunched up before blocking. I tried to stretch a part out a bit while taking a picture so you can at least see a little bit of the fabulous "sunspots" of the pattern. I'm not sure why but I think it looks more like crochet rather than knitting =) I'm still very happy with my colour choice and I'm equally happy with how good the pattern is written so far. I like it when patterns are not only charted but also written out. Although I can read knitting charts, I find it easier and more comfortable to read the words or abbreviations. Apparently that's a matter of taste, my mother for example likes the charts and symbols better.

This picture was taken without flash:

And this one was taken with flash. Just imagine the colour to be a mixture of both and you get the idea ^^:

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It looks so delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! This is so beautiful...I've never seen a pattern quite like it. Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete