Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Yarn Along 2

For the second time I'm participating in Ginny's Yarn Along and I hope to do so many more Wednesdays to come! There's so much inspiration to find, it's quite overwhelming at times =) (Please click on the picture to see it larger!)
Although Seb's anklets are not finished yet I want to show you a different project today. I pulled my Copper Bolero out of hibernation a while ago because I really want to wear it this summer. But due to the extremely slow progress I'm beginning to doubt that this will be happening. The yarn (a cotton / microfiber blend) is very difficult to knit with, it's so slippery but somehow also very tight once the stitches are on the needle. It's hard to explain, quite paradoxical really. But slowly or not, progress is being made. A few more rows and the back will be finished. Sadly I once again failed to capture the colour properly in a picture. It's not really orange, more like a vivid and shiny copper. Very beautiful but truly a yarn from hell. This is the third attempt at making something recognisable out of this yarn and I'm happy that the diamond lace pattern works well.

I finished the first book of the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon shortly after my first Yarn Along and I'm now reading the second book "Dragonfly in Amber". The German title is "Die geliehene Zeit" - "Borrowed Time". Funny how the titles are often so different from one another ^^

6 comments:

  1. Hope you'll finish the bolero before Summer is over - the lace looks beautiful!
    I have all the books in the Outlander series, but havenæt started to read them yet... There is so many books to read, so I'm kind of saving them for later ;) Dosn't make sense, I know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very pretty lace pattern! I love knitting lace---when it doesn't make me crazy.

    I also love the Outlander books. Dragonfly is one of my favorites in the series. Happy reading and knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lacy look! I think the color looks great as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous pattern!!! Hope you finish it soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! That's going to be really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful start! Love your lace work. I also have and read the Outlander series, happy reading.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete