Friday, 17 June 2011

Socks for me

I finished some socks a while ago and finally Sebastian took pictures. It's really hard to take a picture of your own feet at a decent angle ^^ Sometimes I knit socks with a particular pair of shoes in mind, for example my turquoise clogs:

Pattern: Jeck by Regina Satta
Modifications: Toe-up, Fleegle's Heel, different cuff
Yarn: SuperGarne Aktiv Cotton (a wool/cotton/nylon blend)
I finished the socks with E. Zimmerman's Sewn Bindoff, very nice and neat.

And more socks for said clogs:

Pattern: Rivulets Socks by Wendy D. Johnson
Yarn: Regia 4-fädig Best of Effects (a wool/nylon blend)
I finished the socks with Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bindoff but overdid it a bit, it's rather ruffly and loose. The yarn looks a bit too blue in the pictures but it's a more greenish teal. But then again my clogs look electric blue although they are of a light turquoise. It's so hard to get a realistic picture of colours =(

And here are some standard ribbing socks I knit with a yarn I had in stash for a while. They weren't destined for a particular pair of shoes but I had my Loonts on when we took a walk in order to take some pictures and I saw that the colours fit real nicely. By accident so to say =)

Pattern: Toe-up Slip-Stitch-Heel Socks by Wendy D. Johnson
Yarn: some cheap wool/nylon blend from a supermarket chain, very thin and coarse (I don't mind cheap yarns, some are really good and some expensive ones are really bad. But this yarn was cheap and not so good.)
I did E. Zimmerman's Sewn Bindoff again, it might be becoming my favourite way to bind off.

No comments:

Post a Comment