Wednesday, 2 June 2010

One year

Hello and sorry for no posts since several weeks. I wanted to write something on Monday which was my first blog anniversary, but I could not find the time. I cannot believe that it has already been one year. Sometimes it is those things that show how quickly time passes.
My birthday has been quiet and nice. Sebastian always wants to give me presents already at midnight (he had to wake me for that, I was asleep on the sofa), so my birthday started very early with great, great gifts. He gave me the first two seasons of "Everybody loves Raymond" on DVD (hilarious!) and 3 big mugs which he had had printed with photos of nearly all the furry friends that lived with us over the years! Some are missing on there, but there was not enough space. I love those mugs!! I will post some pictures of them soon, I promise. He gave me two photo-mugs years ago but I always felt that I needed more pictures to look at while I am drinking coffee or tea. Looking at those pictures makes me both happy and sad at the same time. We buried a lot of animals over the last 8 or so years and I miss them all sooo much. Those mugs are a great and very thoughtful gift and were a big surprise.

My parents came over the next day but did not stay long as my father had to get up very early the next day. Everything went okay and without argueing so that was good, too. On Saturday morning I had some friends over for breakfast and we had a pretty good time. So now I am thirty and it feels a bit weird to say it. But to be honest, feels the same as 29 =)

Of course there has been a lot of knitting since my last post. Remember the coat I was working on? Well, I ripped it. The instructions were written that poorly, not even the very skilled lady from my local yarnstore could understand them. She said that I should improvise and see where it leads. I tried that, didn't work, was very stressful and generally a huge pain in the ass. After hours of trying to figure out what the heck I was supposed to do in row whatsoever, I gave up. Normally I hate to give up that quickly but knitting should not be so hard and frustrating. It is bad enough that my wrists and arms often hurt, I do not need such an awful knitting pattern. So there you go, one last look and byebye:

There I was, having that lovely alpaca blend in my stash and no idea what to do with it. I tried several patterns but could not get the correct gauge. Then I found this and I think it will turn out nice:


Sebastian's socks are done now and they are alright. Not great, but alright:


I am hugely excited about clogs at the moment. I have a pair in an aqua/turquoise shade and wanted to have a pair of matching socks so I can still wear them during autumn (and maybe even on a dry winter's day with no snow). I found yarn in a great colour and casted on another of Wendy Johnson's fabulous patterns. May I present: Rivulets Socks!



As woolen socks always become wider after having been worn for only 2 hours, I knitted them with 2,25 mm (US 1) needles. I love how even the stitches are but the sock is very tight, especially on the highest part of the instep (where the leg meets the foot). I can get them on but I have to be very careful. It is not ideal but if they widen then it will be alright, I think.

I got some money for my birthday and spent a part of it on my second pair of clogs. I looooooooooove fly agarics and Sanita brought out red clogs with white polka dots about two years ago. I couldn't afford them then and now had a hard time finding them. But an online store had them on sale and in my size, too! Yay!! Again, pictures coming soon, promise! I'd love to wear clogs all day long but I can only wear them outside as they make too much noise.

There's more knitting and even some sewing coming up, I still need to take pictures so please visit again =)

No comments:

Post a Comment