Sunday, 31 May 2009

Cotton Jumper No. 2

This is the second jumper I am knitting (the first one still needs one sleeve and the v-neck needs to be finished as well, pictures will follow...) and it really is my pride and joy. It took me so long to learn to knit, I tried several times but it seems I needed the Gryffindor scarf (pictures later on...) to get the hang of knitting. Two years ago, knitting a pattern with three colours would have seemed impossible, that's why I'm completely over the moon now with my prodigious skills *ahem*
The truth is: I did not knit the pattern correctly. I completely purled the backrows for God knows what reasons... After discovering my mistake, I was furious with myself and wanted to rip the whole thing. But to quote my mother-in-law-to-be: "There is no wrong, there is just different." Well, there you go, this is MY pattern now, I invented it! But if you like it, feel free to make the same mistake =)


The yarn is "ONline Linie 11 Alpha", colours 16, 40 and 66. It is 100 % cotton and very soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment