Sunday, 31 May 2009

Celtic Peacocks


I finally finished and framed the picture of the two celtic peacocks. It took quite some time to stitch and after finishing the first bird I had to take a break. That was mainly because the second half of the picture was just a mirrored version of the first half. The pattern is from Barbara Hammets amazing book "Celtic Art in Cross Stitch" and caught my eye at once. I was really disappointed that I couldn't get the fabric used in the book, which was a faint pink linen. I used a light sand coloured instead and it worked out fine.
Choosing the frame took some time, too, but I am really happy with my choice. I didn't frame it myself, though. I can frame smaller pictures but I have neither the skill nor the patience to do a good job on bigger ones.
The birds now add a lot of colour to our living room.

2 comments:

  1. I normally prefer needlepoint to cross stitch, but this is an amazing piece! I can't imagine how long it took...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! It took a looooooong time... I need to work on several projects in parallel to have a bit of change every week or so. Of course that is another reason why it took so long to finish.

    ReplyDelete